【英语中国】菲律宾收回“中国在黄岩岛开工”指控

  • A+
所属分类:双语中国

2013-10-26 08:53

小艾摘要: The Philippines has retracted claims that China was preparing to start construction on a contested reef in the South China Sea, in an embarrassing about-turn by Manila.President Benigno “Noy Noy” Aq ...
The Philippines has retracted claims that China was preparing to start construction on a contested reef in the South China Sea, in an embarrassing about-turn by Manila.

President Benigno “Noy Noy” Aquino said previous accusations that Chinese ships had brought concrete blocks to the Scarborough Shoal – which China calls Huangyan Island – for construction were wrong. He said the blocks had been there a long time and were “not a new phenomenon”.

“They don’t seem to give us any reason to have an increase in anxiety,” Mr Aquino said on Wednesday.

Beijing reacted angrily when Voltaire Gazmin, the Philippines defence secretary, in September said Chinese ships had been seen near the reef and that there were “concrete blocks inside the shoal which is a prelude to construction”.

Ian Storey, a South China Sea expert at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore, said Mr Aquino’s remarks were the latest in a series of retractions by Manila in its dispute with China.

He said the Philippines in 2011 accused China of unloading construction equipment at the Iroquois Reef-Amy Douglas Bank – 125 nautical miles off Palawan island, one of the Philippines’ main islands – but was unable to offer evidence to support the claims.

“They shot themselves in the foot then, and they have done it again,” said Mr Storey. “It doesn’t do their credibility any good”.

China has disputes with many southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam and the Philippines, over the resource-rich South China Sea, most of which it claims as its maritime territory. But tensions with Manila have been the most serious as the Philippines has been aggressive about challenging Beijing in public.

Rommel Banlaoi, a former professor at the Philippines national defence college, said the episode should serve as a lesson for Manila to “exercise more due diligence in making declarations or comments that can stir more conflicts and misunderstanding on South China Sea”.

Gary Li, a senior analyst at IHS Maritime, said Mr Acquino’s public admission was unusual because Manila had in the past allowed erroneous claims to “slide into obscurity” without any apology.

菲律宾已收回关于中国正准备在南中国海一争议岛礁开工建设的指控,其在这件事上的说法出现令人尴尬的大逆转。

菲律宾总统阿基诺三世(Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino)表示,之前声称中国船只已将混凝土预制块运至斯卡伯勒浅滩(Scarborough Shoal,中国称黄岩岛)用于建设的说法是错误的。他表示,这些预制块已经在那里存在了很长时间,“并非一个新现象”。

阿基诺三世周三表示:“他们似乎并没有给我们任何加大担忧的理由。”

今年9月,菲律宾国防部长伏尔泰?加斯明(Voltaire Gazmin)表示,菲方看到中国船只出现在斯卡伯勒浅滩附近,而且“浅滩内出现了混凝土预制块,这是施工的前奏”。当时中国政府对此作出了愤怒回应。

新加坡东南亚研究所(ISEAS)南中国海问题专家伊恩?斯托里(Ian Storey)表示,菲律宾在其与中国争议中收回了一系列指控,阿基诺三世的上述言论是最新的一例。

他表示,2011年菲律宾指控中国在距菲主要岛屿之一巴拉望岛125海里的易洛魁礁(Iroquois Reef,中国称鲎藤礁)和艾米?道格拉斯滩(Amy Douglas Bank,中国称安塘滩)卸下建筑设备,但未能提供证据支持其指控。

“当时他们可谓是搬起石头砸了自己的脚,现在他们又这样做了。”斯托里表示,“这对于他们的信誉没有半点好处。”

中国围绕资源丰富的南中国海与很多东南亚国家发生了争议(按照中方的说法,几乎整个南中国海都是中国的海上领土),其中包括越南和菲律宾。但中国与菲律宾的关系最为紧张,因为菲律宾一直咄咄逼人地公开挑战中国。

曾任菲律宾国防学院(National Defense College of the Philippines)教授的Rommel Banlaoi表示,菲律宾应从这件事中吸取教训,应“在发表可能在南中国海引发更多冲突和误解的声明或言论前展开更多尽职调查”。

IHS Maritime高级分析师Gary Li表示,阿基诺三世的公开认错不同寻常,因为菲律宾政府过去一直任由错误的指控“慢慢沦为含糊其辞的说法”、而未作出过任何道歉。

译者/梁艳裳

本文关键字:双语阅读,小艾英语,双语网站,双语中国,实时资讯,互联网新闻,ERWAS,行业解析,创业指导,营销策略,英语学习,可以双语阅读的网站!
  • 我的微信
  • 扫一扫加关注
  • weinxin
  • 微信公众号
  • 扫一扫加关注
  • weinxin

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: